"Contracaras / Flipsides"
INSIDE OUT is a collaborative large-scale project that allows anybody with a camera to send a portrait, get it printed in large format and share it with the whole town to transform personal identities into collective messages, ideas, projects, battles. Inside Out transforms personal identities in collective creative gestures, no matter where on this planet.
This is time for a group action in Barcelona!
Here's the challenge: make a photo portrait in black and white of a face, it can be you, a friend, a person you met, your local hero. Someone who lives in Barcelona or Catalonia, with a story worth telling. In a few days you'll get a large format poster with your portrait and you'll paste it in public on a large collective collage. What you'll paste is a face, an identity, ideas, dreams and beliefs that you want to stand up for.
1. Shooting the portrait
- It's supposed to be the portrait of alguien with a story worth telling, sharing, someone who stands up for an idea or a project.
- Inside Out is a picture of a community: the person in the portrait should be tightly related to Barcelona or Catalonia
- It can be a self-portrait, a friend, an acquaintance or someone that you met just once
- Only one person per portrait, no pets, possibly no objects
- Close shots work usually better, pictures of faces and not much of the body.
Those are the only rules. For anything else use your imagination! Here you can see hundreds of great ideas. Those portraits that will not comply with those simple rules will just be discarded.
Can i promote my initiative or my business or make propaganda for my favorite politician?
NO, we'll not accept any portrait promoting a brand, or an organization. Inside Out puts on stage people and their stories. Besides that, no portrait containing hate messages, violence or racism against other citizens will be trashed immediately.
Any technical tips?
- Just look in the camera and think of what you really care and are willing to stand up for.
- Take the picture at the best resolution possible (usually anything above 5Mpixels will be fine, any file below 2MB will likely be unsuitable for print on large formats)
- This is a non profit project. It has NO commercial purpose (of any kind). In any case, don't forget to ask the person you portrait for an authorization for using her image. Here's a basic form that you can use (in Spanish, just in case).
- By law, pictures of kids or teens under 18 years-old will need a special authorization by her/his parents or legal tutors. They should sign it. You can send it to email@example.com - No portrait of persons underage will be printed without the authorization.
- If you took the picture in full color, please convert it to black and white.
2. Send the portrait
Upload the portrait here http://theinfluencers.org/insideout/participa
IMPORTANT: send it before tuesday January 24 otherwise we cannot guarantee that we'll have time enough to print it.
Posters will be printed on a first-come-first-served basis until our budget will be over.
3. Come get the poster and paste it in public space
On February 10 your poster will be ready, we'll send you an email to tell you when and where. That day we're going to paste as many posters we can on a "collective wall" in town. They will remain there for anyone to see until the sun, rain and wind will delete them (some remained visible for more than one year, though).
4. Inside Out, your project
Your portrait will be part of the Inside Out Project together with thouands of faces of people from all over the world. If you want to know who started the whole project and hear his story, come over the Center of Contemporary Culture of Barcelona. Here's the program.
El proyecto InsideOut: http://www.insideoutproject.net